Hip Joint Replacement Surgery India, Joint Replacement Surgery, Minimally Invasive Hip Joint Surgery in India
Hip Joint Replacement Surgery is removing a damaged joint and putting in a new one. The Hip Joint surgery is usually performed by a doctor called an orthopedic surgeon. The doctor may suggest a hip joint replacement to improve the quality of life. Hip Joint Replacement Surgery is usually reserved for patients who have severe arthritic conditions. Patients are considered for Hip joint replacement or Hip Resurfacing if:
- Arthritis restricts not only work and recreation, but also day to day activities.
- Pain is not relieved by more conservative methods of treatment- such as medications, physical therapy, arthroscopy, the use of cane or by restricting activities.
- Stiffness in the joint is significant
- X-rays show advanced arthritis or other problems.Post a Query
Total Hip Replacement
A hip pain severely affects one’s ability to lead a life actively. Over the last few years, there have been major advancements in hip replacement improving the surgery outcome greatly.
How the Hip Joint diagnosis is done ?
- Your doctor would do the following things in order to find out whether you are a suitable candidate for a Hip Replacement Surgery.
- A complete history and physical examination is taken. The physician will inquire about experiencing episodes of pain or instability, and examine the ligaments and hip alignment.
- X-rays of AP (An X-ray picture in which the beams pass from front-to-back (anteroposterior)) pelvis and lateral (An X-ray picture taken from the side) of the pelvis are used to determine the extent of degeneration to the cartilage or bone and may suggest a cause for the degeneration of the hip joint.
- Lab tests such as CBC with differential, platelets, PT/INR, ESR, CRP are carried out.s
Total Hip Replacement is a treatment to all kinds of hip arthritis, improving the quality of life of patients who undergo the operation. This trouble causing hip is surgically removed and replaced with an artificial one.
Total Hip Replacement (THR) is most suited and one of the most common surgical procedures for people with very late stage degenerative hip disease. Some of the important benefits of a THR are, marked reduction in pain and improvement in sleep, most people regain range of motion, physical ability, and quality of life.
A Total Hip Replacement (THR) is a surgical procedure whereby the diseased cartilage and bone of the hip joint is surgically replaced with artificial materials. It involves surgical removal of the diseased ball (the head of the thigh bone) and socket (acetabulum of the pelvis) and replacing them with a metal ball and stem inserted into the femur (thigh) bone and an artificial plastic cup socket. The metallic artificial ball and stem are referred to as the ‘implant’ or the ‘prosthesis’. Upon inserting the prosthesis into the central core of the femur, it is fixed with a bony cement .
Alternatively a ‘cementless’ prosthesis is used which has microscopic pores that allow bony ingrowth from the normal femur into the prosthesis stem. This cementless hip is considered to have a longer life and is suited especially for younger patients.
THR is most commonly performed in case of a progressively severe arthritis in the hip joint. The most common type of arthritis which needs a THR is Osteoarthritis of the hip joint. This type of arthritis is generally seen with aging, congenital abnormality of the hip joint, or prior trauma to the hip joint. Other conditions leading to THR include bony fractures of the hip joint, rheumatoid arthritis and aseptic necrosis of the hip bone.Request a Call Back
How To get Started ? Get a Free Expert Opinion from Top Orthopedic Specialists in India ?
Your case would be reviewed by best Specialists in India and an Expert Opinion with Treatment cost Estimate shall be sent to you with in 2 working days.