Dr Vivek Jawali
MS – General Surgery, MS – General Surgery, MCh – Cardio Thoracic Surgery
DNB (Cardiology), MBBS
Cardiothoracic Surgeon, 37 Years Experience
Dr.Vivek Jawali is Chief cardiothoracic & vascular surgeon and as a Chairman, he heads the department of cardio vascular sciences at Fortis Hospitals, Bangalore.
He is a pioneer in minimally invasive cardiac surgery in India and has performed over 18,000 cardiothoracic & vascular surgeries till date. he performed India’s first beating heart bypass surgery in 1992 and performed India’s first minimally invasive bypass surgery(MIDCAB)in Sept 1994.
Dr. Jawali did India’s first awake cardiac surgery (surgery without ga or ventilator, done under continuous high thoracic epidural) in June 1999. He also performed world’s 1st awake open heart surgery (on a 74 year patient who underwent triple bypass with aortic valve replacement without g.a. or a ventilator) in April 2002.
He is the founder member of the International Society of Minimally Invasive Cardiac Surgeons (ISMICS) and is the only Indian on the editorial board of its journal “Innovations in Cardiac Surgery”. He is also the council member of the Asian Association of Cardiothoracic Surgeons.
- Off pump Coronary Artery Bypass surgery (OPCAB)
- Minimally Invasive Direct Coronary Artery Bypass Surgery (MIDCAB)
- CABG with Total Arterial Revascularisation
- Off pump Total Arterial Revascularisation
- Redo CABGs
- Triple Valve Replacement
- Mitral Valve Repair
- Repair of LV Aneurysm + CABG
- Grafting of Aortic Arch Aneurysm under profound Hypothermia and Total Circulatory Arrest
- Aortic Root Replacement
- Intracardiac repair of tricuspid atresia with TCPC
Please send to us recent medical reports by WhatsApp or Email and we shall get you a Free, No Obligation Opinion from India’s Best Doctors.
- WhatsApp – You can take a picture of the medical reports with your phone camera and send to us by on +91 9899993637
- Email to us at [email protected]