Dr. D. V. Rajkumar
Dr. Deshpande V Rajakumar is the Director of Department of Neurosurgery. With a keen interest in brain tumours and expertise in minimal access surgeries of the brain and spine, Dr. D V Rajakumar figures among the very few doctors to conduct Endoscopic Brain Tumour Removals. He is renowned for Endoscopic approaches to complex surgeries, and has presented papers on related subjects in international forums.
Dr. D V Rajakumar has been a member of various organisations such as Neurological Society of India, Bangalore Neurological Society, Skull Base Society of India, Asian Congress of Neurological Surgeons, Japan, and Congress of Neurological Surgeons, USA. He has presented and published papers on Endoscopic Approach to the Skull Base at the International Congress of Skull Base at San Diego and on several approaches to the brain and spine.
Professional Qualifications and Experience:
1981 MBBS – Mysore Medical College
1989 M.Ch – Neurosurgery from NIMHANS, Bangalore
Training & Fellowship:
Clinical fellowship in Skull Base Surgery at Wayne State University, Detroit,USA in 1996
Presentation Made :
Paper on Endoscopic approach to the skull base at the International Congress of Skull Base at San Diego-1996Achievements:
- First neurosurgeon from Bangalore to perform pedicle screw fixation for spine injuries.
- Helped develop the cadaver laboratory at the Harper Hospital and carried out many dissections of the human skull and brain.
- Currently developing new Endoscopic approaches to diseases of brain and spine.
- Performing Endoscopic Transnasal surgeries for removal of Brain Tumors.
Please send to us recent medical reports by WhatsApp or Email and we shall get you a Free, No Obligation Opinion from India’s Best Doctors.
- WhatsApp – You can take a picture of the medical reports with your phone camera and send to us by on +91 9899993637
- Email to us at [email protected]