Robotic Heart Surgery – World’s latest technology now available in India
Robotically-assisted heart surgery, also called closed-chest heart surgery, is a type of minimally invasive heart surgery performed by a cardiac surgeon. The surgeon uses a specially-designed computer console to control surgical instruments on thin robotic arms.
Robotically-assisted surgery has changed the way certain heart operations are being performed. This technology allows surgeons to perform certain types of complex heart surgeries with smaller incisions and precise motion control, offering patients improved outcomes.
There are many benefits of robotic surgery, starting with the fact that it eliminates the need to open the chest through the breastbone. Once inside it provides your surgeon with much clearer access to the affected valve. Plus, robotic surgery comes with a decreased risk of infection and pain after the operation, which can lead to a quicker recovery and enable you to return to your normal, daily activities much more quickly. You’ll be able to resume both work and play when you want to, and there are no specific restrictions on activity. Post a Query
Robot Assisted Heart Procedures are done to treat a variety of conditions:
1. Robot Assisted Mitral Valve Repair may be used to treat:
- Stenosis (narrowing) of the mitral valve
- Regurgitation (leakage) of the mitral valve
2. Robot Assisted Coronary Artery Bypass Grafting (CABG) may be used to treat
- Blockages in the heart’s arteries
- Severe chest pain ( angina ) that has not improved with medicines
3. Robot-assisted Atrial Septal defect repair may be used to treat a hole between the upper chambers of the heart that does not close properly during foetal development.
4. Robot-assisted Biventricular Pacemaker lead placement may be used to treat heart failure due to Atrial Fibrillation (irregular heart rhythm in the upper chambers of the heart)Request a Call Back
Advantages of Robotic Heart Surgery
1. Less Pain and scarring
2. Minimally Invasive Surgery
3. Shorter Hospital Stay
4. Reduced Blood Loss & need for blood transfusion
5. Reduces the risk of infection
6. Reduction in use of pain medicines
7. Faster Recovery & return to normal activities
Da Vinci Si with 3D HD Vision Surgical System
The da Vinci Si with 3D HD vision is the most advanced platform for minimally invasive surgery available today. It combines superior 3D visualization along with great enhanced dexterity, precision and control in an intuitive ergonomic interface with breakthrough surgical capabilities.
By enhancing surgical capabilities, robotic surgery helps to improve clinical outcomes and redefine standards of care.Refer a Patient
Advantages over Traditional Heart Surgery
- Most effective and least invasive treatment for even the most complex cardiothoracic procedures.
- Precision and accuracy
- Enhanced visualization and improved access
- Three-dimensional – 3D magnification
- Gives the surgeon better control over the surgical instruments and a better view of the surgical site
- Naturally occurring hand tremors are filtered out by the robot’s computer software
Best Hospitals in India for Robotic Heart Surgery
What People Say about us
I would just like to thank everyone at Hospital India Helpdesk for helping me overcome all my medical issues so effortlessly. From when I arrived at the airport to leaving 12 days later, You made it so smooth and comfortable for me. The surgeon was very competent and reassuring. Your nurses looked after me so well and made me feel at home. If anyone in the UK was thinking about having surgery in India and was worried or apprehensive about it don’t be, if you have this Helpddesk on your side, you will do well.”
Daniel M, United Kingdom Post a Query
How To get Started ? Get a Free Expert Opinion from Top Robotic Heart Specialists in India ?
Your case would be reviewed by best Specialists in India and an Expert Opinion with Treatment cost Estimate shall be sent to you with in 2 working days.